Payment is accepted via major credit card or Paypal and is required at checkout. No personal checks or money orders accepted. Virginia sales tax will be added to purchases from Virginia residents.
Items will be shipped in 1 to 2 business days.
INTERNATIONAL PURCHASERS PLEASE NOTE: All international shipments will be sent USPS First Class International with insurance. Please note that we are not responsible for any customs fees or VAT that your country may charge on your purchases. If customs fees are not paid and the item is returned to me, a refund will only be provided for the item cost. Shipping paid for the item will be retained to cover my cost of shipping the item to you.
It is common for the international shipments to take two weeks or more for delivery due to various shipment modes and customs processing. Please keep this in mind if you are a non-US customer.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES, REFUNDS
Please note that items for sale in this shop are all vintage. They are all more than 20 years old, with many of them being over a half a century old and older! Even if they are in excellent condition, vintage items will always show some signs of wear from previous use or just from being handled and stored. We provide detailed condition descriptions, measurements, and photos in each of our listings. Please be sure to read and understand all item descriptions and measurements, and contact us if you have any questions before making your purchase. If you have any concerns after you receive your item, please contact us to see if we can resolve your issue.
We do accept returns. You must contact us within 14 days of item delivery to discuss any issues. PLEASE NOTE: Return postage is payable by the buyer. Please carefully re-package the item(s) in the original packaging so it will not be damaged during return. Please use a shipping method with a tracking number. Otherwise, we cannot confirm that your returned item was received. PLEASE NOTE: GIFT CARDS ARE NOT RETURNABLE.
Mail your return to:
Haute Vintage Jewels
c/o Karen Marlette
8330 Mary Jane Drive
Manassas, VA 20112
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
Any item not in its original condition is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. Please note: The original shipping costs paid for your purchase will not be refunded.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exchanges (if applicable)
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will be notified of the return.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Shopify to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
● As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
● When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
● If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
● As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with the Shopify Terms of Service. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under the Shopify Terms of Service.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
● SHOPIFY: I share information with Shopify as necessary to provide you my services and comply with my obligations under both the Shopify Terms of Service.
SERVICE PROVIDERS: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies i.e. USPS. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services i.e. your postal address.
● BUSINESS TRANSFERS: If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
● COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
(a) respond to legal process or to government requests;
(b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies;
(c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or
(d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
● ACCESS: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
● CHANGE, RESTRICT, DELETE: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
● OBJECT: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
● COMPLAIN: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Haute Vintage Jewels, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at: email@example.com
Alternately you may mail me at:
Haute Vintage Jewels
c/o Karen Marlette
8330 Mary Jane Drive,
Manassas, VA 20112
Compliance with laws. Your personal information (name, address, etc), provided to me by Shopify, will only be used by me, as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I have no access to your payment account details as Shopify Payments or PayPal processes your order, depending on the method you choose. Your information will be stored on the Shopify system as long as I have my store on Shopify or until Shopify deletes it. I will not spam you or solicit you using the information provided to me.